Hi friends. Thanks for reading. I’ve changed a few things around here.
- I’m now self-hosted and running WordPress. I did some tech-lifting and coded/switched everything over by myself!
- My URL is now melhadtea.com. People usually recognized me by my synonymous Twitter/Instagram handle anyway, so I thought it made sense to brand the site so everything matched. There’s also a little tea mug I drew in the logo now. Yay!
- There’s a Facebook Page. This is a whole new thing for me!
- Re-Designed Layout
- Cleaned up post categories. There was a mess of categories from old iterations of my site. I’m still working on sweeping up some of the debris, but I’ve introduced a whole new category system, which I think gives a better impression of where I want the site to go.
- Tea Shirts! I’m designing a line of tea and travel-related shirts for purchase. I’ve ordered some testers and will let you know a soon as they’re available!
- The Great North American Road Trip. My guy and I are setting out from Halifax, Nova Scotia on August 1st, and plan to make it to Vancouver Island and back by the first week of September. The summer of the road trip I always dreamed about.
- Tales from J-School. I’m not sure what to expect from journalism school, but I’m sure I’ll be all over the Maritimes covering interesting stories starting in the Fall.
- More Posts! I’ve got about 1,513 ideas (That’s the note count on my Evernote ‘Post Ideas’ Notebook). And I’ve got 22 almost ready to go (The count on my ‘Post Drafts’ Notebook).
Some Growing Pains: When I was moving my site to WordPress, I just could not get the old Disqus comments to appear on my posts over here. I tried everything recommended on Disqus’ site, but nothing worked. So for now none of my old comments are displaying. I do have them saved to an XML file on my desktop, and I’m sure I’ll eventually figure out how to get them up, but if you don’t see your old comments, that’s why.
Thanks again for keeping up with me. I look forward to more travels and getting to write and have discussions about tea, travel, life, photography, and philosophy.
Now, the fun:
GIVEAWAY! FREE STUFF!
To celebrate the new design I wanted to send a surprise present to one reader.
I’m not 100% sure yet what the contents will be, but I plan to put together something special while I’m visiting San Francisco and Portland over the next two weeks. In addition to one giveaway surprise there are also be two consolation prizes.
How To Enter: Just leave a comment below! Please make sure to include your name and email address in the comments form so that I can email you to let you know you’ve won. I’ll be drawing names from a hat, so your comment doesn’t have to be long or fancy to win. The deadline to will be 9am Pacific on July 14th.
p.s. Did you say Portland and San Francisco?
Yes! I’ll be on the Pacific Coast from July 8th until July 22nd. I’m going for World Domination Summit in Portland. I have rented a car to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco, where I’ll be staying another week. Tea drinking spots, the Californian Redwood Forest, and Big Sur are on my list, but if you have any good suggestions for stuff to do in and around Portland or the Bay Area, please leave them in the comments below!
Winners Have Been Picked! I was having a lot of fun shopping for souvenirs on the Pacific Coast, so I decided to double all the winners.
Two Giveaway Surprises:
- Brenda Linstead
Four Consolation Prizes:
- Kristine R
- Bonnie McGrath
- Mel MacCoubrey
- Jackie Kidd
Names were picked using a random name generator online. I had to enter all the names manually though, so if anyone has any insight as to a better way to take entries for future giveaways, I’m open to suggestions.
Thanks, everyone for playing! I’ll reach out to the winners to get their addresses for present fulfillment. 🙂