One of the reasons I started this blog was that I wanted a place to share everything I was thinking about. It’s hard to know what you think about something until you write it down. As well as place that holds stories, photos and tales of tea and travel, I also share fun things I find on the Internet. Every Sunday I share a peek of what I’m reading, listening to, inspired by, and give an update about what’s going on in my life. These are my Sunday sundries.
Oh noooo! My Sunday sundries! They’re a day late!!! What do I call them now – the Monday medleys? Thank you for your patience! I had so much fun going out around London this weekend after a great second week at my CBC internship that when I got home last night I made the moral call to watch The Adventures of Tintin and fall asleep rather than write. You know what though? It’s okay. Back on track.
Here’s what I found interesting on the Internet this week!
- Bangladeshi surfer girls going against the cultural tide.
- The guy who made flying food sexy.
- A couple of Nova Scotians who moved to Haiti.
- 20,000 lesbians partying in the desert.
- Get rich selling tree seeds in Nepal.
- Why we work so hard.
- An LGBTQ Muslim photo project.
- This elderly lady praying to a video game character.
- Someone compiled an amazing list of 56 women journalists and their pieces you should read.
- Every story prompt you’ll ever need.
- Turns out Mary Oliver’s instructions for living a life is also good journalism advice.
- The Center for Investigative Reporting did this great project around how America fails the missing and unidentified. Check it out, they did a documentary too.
And that’s it for this week’s
Sunday Monday sundries!
Thanks for tuning in. I always appreciate it.