One of the reasons I started this blog was that I wanted a place to share all the things I was thinking about. It’s hard to really know what you think of something until you write it down. As well as place that holds stories, photos and tales of tea and travel, I also like sharing fun things I find on the Internet. Every Sunday I share a peek of what I’m reading, listening to, inspired by, and give an update about what’s going on in my life. These are my Sunday sundries.
This is my final week in phase one of the master plan (the plan where I get my Masters). As I barrel headfirst towards my adventures in London (who’s packing what when?) and Bosnia (do I have enough SD cards???), the Internet (caps, that’s right Canadian Style Guide) provides a much-needed respite from interview transcription, wrestling with Adobe Audition (looking forward to the new psychic update where the program can read my mind) and frantically wondering how I will get everything done before I leave on Saturday. In. Six. Days.
Cute dog courtesy of a story I’m currently working on.
Here are your Sunday Sundries!
- “You were not born scared and self-loathing.”
- Why Nina Simone’s face is important.
- I’m very excited by the prospect of a West Wing podcast.
- Have you seen The Wiz? It’s a 1978 re-telling of the wizard of Oz in an urban environment with an all-black cast.
- Your pizza is covered in hard drugs.
- The intriguing world of 10k for an Instagram photo.
- Whitewashing the green rush.
- Imagine making decisions like Obama.
- Kevin Spacey is so on point.
- This golden milk ice cream might be my new fav.
- Maybe if I give myself enough tough love I can achieve a capsule wardrobe.
- Mad you have to sit beside a fat person on a plane? Try being that person.
- A little bit about endometriosis and female pain.
- Expectations vs. Reality: Travel Edition.
- Jokes to stay sane.
- The job search at 50 years old is not in your favour.
- The case study of Tuscany.
- This penguin has a special relationship.
- Chinese people love drinking hot water.
- Pre-domesticated fruits and veggies.
- Trappist monks, known for their special beer and Apple fonts.
- I’ve really been enjoying Eat Your Kimchi, from YouTubers Simon and Martina who were living in South Korea, and just moved to Japan.
And that is it for this late edition of the Sunday Sundries!
Best of luck,