Onward to yesterday! Isn’t it fun when life gets busy? This time of year I know I’m not alone on my nutshell. University students are cramming for exams and essays they don’t want to write, academic fatigue begins to set in. Even people who aren’t in school are tired – they’re done with winter, Valentine’s and February holidays are over, March breaks are done with and it’s more than a month until the next statutory holiday.
On the bright side, less than a month until St. Patrick’s day. So, here are your sundries, a day late, but still full of love! Here are some of the great things on the Internet these days:
- Sharks love death metal. You can all go home now.
- In an interesting twist, Bon Appetit magazine revealed they shot their entire March issue on the iPhone.
- When ???? does not equal ????.
- World Press Photo winners for 2016 are in and they’re stunning, as usual.
- NASA’s giving away awesome free space tourism posters.
- How a community skate bowl was built.
- How to visit the Googleplex (someone take me?)
- Buzzfeed’s Dao Nguyen is what I always imagined a genius to be.
- You’ve never taken this train across Canada.
- Only $20 to let out all your rage in Toronto. That’s a pretty good deal!
- Did you know about this early 20th century Armenian genocide?
- Why nobody is visiting the cheapest country in the hemisphere.
- I love Jessica Williams. And Beyonce.
- Fine art data visualizations are how the future will understand the world.
- A filmmaker from Halifax is setting out across the country on his motorcycle to make a documentary about Canadian trans communities!
- Dutch people know how to celebrate Orwell.
- This amazing guide to how Snapchat works, via teens who are way better at it than I ever will be. Actually very interesting.
- Women, we need to stand up for each other (and anyone who’s being beaten down).
- What it’s like to be black on The Bachelor(ette).
- That uncomfortable moment when you go viral.
- A whole bunch of tea-based cocktails.
- It’s ten days old, but I’m still exciting about Canada’s first transgender judge.
- Beautiful maternity and newborn photos from aboriginal women in Australia.
- Kesha’s case of alleged rape against her producer is a mirror for the Ghomeshi trial happening in Canada.
- Best friends Ann Friedman and Aminatou Sow catch up every other week on their excellent podcast Call Your Girlfriend, but also do it in polaroids.
- The secret lives of Tumblr teens is a long read. A wormhole of an article, but endlessly interesting. You’ll feel like you got dragged into Tumblr itself.
- Dubai’s fog phenomenon in photos.
- How do you talk to your kid about terrorism as a fact of daily life?
And that’s it, wonderful people! Thanks for tuning in and I’ll see you back here
at the same time on Sunday next week. Until then, happy week eight of 2016!