Good evening, glorious people of the Internet!
This is a short update to say that I’m taking a two-week blog break to focus on work for my Masters. I’d love to just blog constantly, but getting my Masters is also important and until I get my hands on a time-turner I’m unable to find enough hours in the day (but seriously, if any of you get your hands on a time turner, you know where to find me).
The good news is, I’ll be back here on February 14th with some exciting news, posts and giveaways.
Until then, please enjoy these Sunday Sundries:
- Teas for even the strongest coffee drinker.
- Try this fun journalism jargon quiz.
- This $1,000,000 potato photograph, “He has photographed many potatoes. This one is one of his favourites.”
- An age-old mystery.
- Trees have social networks too!
- Indonesia’s blue lava.
- A meowing Norwegian girl who claims to have been born in the wrong species.
- Tokyo is getting 20 Million tourists 5 years ahead of schedule. Maybe that’s because Tokyo is such a great food city.
- Disney princesses barely talk in their own movies.
- The crazy news that Google’s AI beat a top human player in the game of Go.
- These beautiful photos of Tokyo look animated.
- I love travel writer Bill Bryson’s work and now he’s released a new book!
- A rare interview with Japanese composer Yoko Kanno.
- This crazy floating bonsai Kickstarter.
- How living in a dumpster led to an epiphany.
- Is Silicon Valley skipping over black coders?
- How to understand coffee anywhere in the world.
- What your phone does when you have 8 million Instagram followers.
- American Psycho is real.
- How dishes can equal divorce.
- Illustrator Andrea Tsurumi on how you will never have ‘enough time‘.
- Women rejecting marriage proposals in western art history.
Lots of love. Meet you back here on Valentine’s Day.