This weekend’s been a wild one.
As if hearing that I’ll be going to Bosnia & Hercegovina with Photographers Without Borders didn’t already have me fist pumping around the house, I also heard back from the CBC bureau in London, England that I’ve been accepted there as an intern for the month of April.
CBC London was my No. 1 internship choice. I told anyone in my program who’d listen that I’d like to be in the heart of the CBC’s European news operation. And now I’m going to be there!
Watch out, you can look forward to posts about my life as an intern there as well as (of course) British tea!
The best part is that London CBC has sent me a great guide for interning there. I love guides. Most importantly, it includes where the local after work pub is. I think I’m going to work my ass off and fit right in.
During Christmas break I had set plans in motion for BiH and the UK, but I had no idea whether I’d hear back or be successful at getting them. Now I have to stop dancing around the kitchen and start arranging visas, plane tickets and the like.
It’s all happy work though. If the rest of my years continue like this, I’ve got nothing to complain about.
I wound down from all the excitement today by making a batch of cookies. The ones pictured in this post! I got the recipe recommended by a friend and you can find it here. Full disclosure: they are very yummy.
Thanks for sticking around. Here are your ( a bit late in the evening) Sunday Sundries:
- With the news that I’ll be moving to the UK for a month in April, I’ve been convening myself of handy YouTube videos like this one explaining the strange ways of the British.
- I discovered The Doc Project at CBC radio, including 12 habits from a highly effective freelance audio producer and now have a professional crush on Veronica Simmonds.
- This Italian pianist’s jazz Ghibli tunes are awesome work music.
- A gay Mormon superhero.
- Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls website has all kinds of great articles, from new musician profiles to the less sexy (but arguably more important) how to change a flat tire.
- This snow day video from NYC.
- Female philosophers get their due.
- Have you ever completed an author’s entire body of work?
- What’s left with at 14 you’ve already built an aircraft?
- What happens when Twitter is your tour guide.
- Canada’s got the best cheese in the world.
- This freelance writing gigs infographic.
- A sad ending to a sweet Japanese story.
- Hearty storm cooking.
- The talented Adventurous Kate’s response to the Fuck-Off Fund idea going around the Internet this week.
- A talented young photographer was killed in the Burkina Faso siege.
- This video of tea time from around the world:
Here’s looking forward to Monday.