Getting this out by the skin of my nose tonight. Would you believe I’ve written about 5,000 words today? I do, and it feels great!
Here are some things I hope you’ll like.
- If you’ve ever wondered, “Should cities be built differently?”, then definitely check out The Human Scale.
- If you’re a Studio Ghibli fan and haven’t seen The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness yet, you should.
- Shield maidens are real! Some researchers bothered to actually determine the gender of vikings found in burial pits, and discovered, ‘Oh hey, there were lots of ladies too’, busting years of inaccurate historical speculation.
- Speaking of gender, the New York Times has a whole new feature called Transgender Today. I recommend checking out their podcasts.
- I enjoyed reading Mark Critch’s insights into all three Canadian candidates in the most recent federal election. If Harper was as funny as Critch says he was, we can only wonder what being Prime Minister does to you.
- Afraid to start doing what you love but feel you don’t have time to read Elizabeth Gilbert’s new book, ‘Big Magic’? This talk between Gilbert and Marie Forleo might get you back on track.
- Be amazed by master calligrapher Seb Lester’s technique of all calligraphic mediums.
- That video inspired me to make this short video of my talented designer friend Gab White as part of a school project.
- Not only is this NY Mag project about women abused by Bill Cosby incredibly groundbreaking, but the editorial design is done ridiculously well. Love the way this story is put together.
- Beautiful shots of Italy through a vintage lens.
- With all the difficulty people faced in voting during the federal election last week, I wonder how long it will be before we code a better government. I want to vote securely from my smartphone!
- Behind the scenes at Lipton’s Kenyan tea estate.
Let me play you out with Adele’s beautiful new track, ‘Hello’. Check out the video if you haven’t yet. The narrative is lovely. Also, I’m just a little fangirl, squealing with excitement about the release of her newest album, ’25’, coming on November 20th.